The 8 Forgotten Olympic Games
By Kevin Okeeffe
1932 Summer Olympic Games: Los Angeles
Did you remember LA hosted the Olympics? Did you remember they hosted them twice? The first LA Games, held during the Great Depression, brought in the worst attendance for the Olympic Games since 1904; even President Herbert Hoover skipped out. Thanks to limited and slow transportation options of the time, Los Angeles was a world away from most European and Asian nations, though 100,000 people did show up to the Opening Ceremony at the beautiful Memorial Coliseum. The second Games, in 1984, did much better — they’re considered the most financially successful modern Olympic Games.
- PHOTOS: Southern Decadence Lets it All Hang Out in NOLA
- Third Person this Summer Hit by Car on WeHo's Santa Monica Blvd.
- Southern Decadence 2014 101
- How to Pick Up a Guy in Five Languages
- Meet the Lucky Couple Getting Married By Seattle's Out Mayor
- PHOTOS: How NOLA's Biggest Gay Event Got So Decadent