The 8 Forgotten Olympic Games
By Kevin Okeeffe
1932 Summer Olympic Games: Los Angeles
Did you remember LA hosted the Olympics? Did you remember they hosted them twice? The first LA Games, held during the Great Depression, brought in the worst attendance for the Olympic Games since 1904; even President Herbert Hoover skipped out. Thanks to limited and slow transportation options of the time, Los Angeles was a world away from most European and Asian nations, though 100,000 people did show up to the Opening Ceremony at the beautiful Memorial Coliseum. The second Games, in 1984, did much better — they’re considered the most financially successful modern Olympic Games.
- Bev Hills Hotel Lawsuits: Antigay Sultan Used Worker as 'Slave,' Workers Were Homophobic
- PHOTOS: What Do You Wear to a Cuban Beach Party?
- VIDEO: Dustin Lance Black, Tom Daley's Terrifying Flight
- 8 Things We Learned From This Undercover Report on Brunei's Gay Scene
- Gay Seattle: Arts & Culture, Restaurants, and Outdoors