Palm Springs Follies' Wigs, Hats, Shoes Could Be Yours
By Neal Broverman
The gay haven of Palm Springs, Calif. is mourning the death of one of its quirkiest offerings — the beloved Palm Springs Follies — but the show's over-the-top costumes and elaborate stage sets are going on the auction block.
Follies costumes, shoes, fabrics, wigs, computers, hats, lighting, sound equipment, memorabilia and souvenirs will go on on sale June 13 and 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Palm Springs Convention Center (cash only!). Tickets to the sale cost five bucks, but the entrance fee goes wholly to a local animal charity. Check out some of the merch available here.
"If you're sad our beloved show has closed forever and you want a piece of Follies history to have as your very own, this is your final opportunity," Follies co-founder Riff Markowitz said in a statement. "We hope to see you there, as it will be so lonely without you."
READER COMMENTS (
- Plans for Miami's Crazy SkyRise Tower Include Nightclubs, Thrill Rides
- Denver Airport: The Perfect Place for Flash Mob Wedding Proposal
- FancyBeard: Learning the Three B's of Berlin
- PHOTOS: Married in Las Vegas — A Sure Bet!
- PHOTOS: First Look at Lisa Vanderpump's Pump Lounge in West Hollywood
- Get on the Bus! New Service from NYC to Rehoboth