The Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
By OUTTraveler Editors
To understand the genesis of the cocktail, you need to understand punch—a super-strong mixture of spirits, citrus, sugar, and spice that bears little resemblance to the blends you chugged in college. And you need to have it at Clover Club in Brooklyn's Cobble Hill to get why it ruled the pre-cocktail landscape from the 1670s to the 1850s. Recipes are inspired by bartender-historian David Wondrich, who literally wrote the book on the subject (Punch: The Delights (and Dangers) of the Flowing Bowl).
- PHOTOS: The High Line, 15 Years After Two Gay Men Saved It
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- Best Gay Travel - Lists of the Hottest & Best in Gay Travel
- Gay Flight Attendant Talks Celebrities, Culture Shock, Upgrades
- Gay Hotels & Resorts - Reviews, Recommendations & Guides