The Best Inland Beaches
By OUTTraveler Editors
Lake Mead, Las Vegas
A 45-minute drive from the glitter of the Strip, the north shore of massive manmade reservoir Lake Mead—with its rainbow-hued rocks and vast desert vistas—is a must for local gay sunbathers. Summer temperatures can soar above 110 degrees, and shade is at a minimum, so pack a beach umbrella and a cooler for drinks.
How to get there: Drive south to Henderson, turning east onto Lake Mead Parkway, following it to North Shore Road, turning left toward Overton. After five miles, turn right on the gravel 8 Mile Road, which leads to a parking area. Walk north for several hundred feet to the beach. (Photo by Flickr user 23535767@N04)
- Gay Brazilian Couple Strips Naked in Sao Paulo Street to Protest Homophobia
- Experience Provence, France, in the English-Language Movie Wasp
- Six Photos to Get You Excited for Sao Paulo Pride
- THE Lesbian Guide to West Hollywood
- Where Will You Be for Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour?
- PHOTOS: Men of the Outback