Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Airline
By OUTTraveler Editors
Best Airline: DELTA
Beating out Air New Zealand (which married gay people in air), British Airways, JetBlue, United, Virgin, and American (which placed second), Delta took home the honor of favorite carrier for LGBT fliers. Dependable Delta poured $1.4 billion into improving terminals two and four at New York's JFK airport, seriously upgrading the restaurant scene; the Atlanta-based airline also doled out billions for improvements at LaGuardia airport. Another win for Delta was their CEO, Richard Anderson, making the necessary declaration that Delta planes will never allow cell phone conversations in air (which sounds like the ninth circle of hell to us). Finally, after a Delta computer randomly assigned "H8GAYS" as a confirmation code on someone's boarding pass, the airline effusively apologized and said they would make sure to fire any more homophobic computers. Delta also scored a 90 on HRC's Corporate Equality Index.
Click here for the full list of Out Traveler Awards categories and nominees.
- WATCH: The Little Nordics - Life In Miniature
- WATCH: The Warwick Rowers, Full Length and Fully Revealed
- PHOTOS: The Vegas Strip's Only Gay Club Opens
- Exclusive | Palm Springs: Where to Stay Part Six
- Las Vegas Turns Up the Heat for Couples in 2015
- Company Behind the Abbey Opening New Vegas Casino Soon