Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Cruise Line
By OUTTraveler Editors
Best Cruise Line: ROYAL CARIBBEAN
Gay people love to cruise, and they're finicky about what ship is worth their money — Royal Caribbean beat out Norwegian and Princess to be named Best Cruise Line by voters. Some LGBT cruisers don't want an all-gay or all-lesbian experience and opt for a more mixed ship, but we have to be careful that we're not the odd men or women out. Voters said Royal Caribbean is the safest bet when it comes to cruising without concern. On top of all that, Royal Caribbean has a big year ahead, with the launch of its new ship, Quantum of the Seas. The liner will carry over 4,000 passengers and even features a giant arm that brings travelers high above the ship in a glass-enclosed capsule; kind of like horizontal ferris wheel. The Quantum will take off from Bayonne, New Jersey and travel to Bahamas and two Caribbean journeys in late 2014.
Click here for the full list of Out Traveler Awards categories and nominees.
- Know What 'Hidden City' Booking Is? Orbitz Doesn't Want You To
- PHOTOS: Men With Their Legs Spread on Public Transit
- PHOTOS: First Look at Lisa Vanderpump's Pump Lounge in West Hollywood
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- The 30 Hottest Guys from New York Comic Con
- PHOTOS: Men of the Outback