Out Traveler Award Winner: Most Awesome Cruise Excursion
By OUTTraveler Editors
Most Awesome Cruise Excursion: OLIVIA
Runner-up: Robin Tyler International Tours and Cruises
Let’s hear it for the girls! Olivia Cruises was voted best cruise excursion among all those aimed at LGBT travelers (and another female-dominated cruise, Robin Tyler International Tours and Cruises, came in second). Maybe women, and the folks behind Olivia, know that the perfect cruise involves a mixture of partying and exploration, adventure and comfort. There is no shortage of drinking and flirting on Olivia Cruises, but visiting the Ports of Call is also a big part of the trips. And Olivia doesn’t disappoint when it comes to destinations: for 2014, there are the stand-by trips like Mexico and the Caribbean, but also Buenos Aires to Rio, Montreal to Boston, and a culinary cruise to Italy, France, and Spain that sounds incredible. Don’t forget the amazing celebrities that Olivia books for its cruises, with everyone from Heart to Maya Angelou to the Indigo Girls to Lily Tomlin. Originally begun in 1973 as a record label, Olivia evolved into the preeminent lesbian travel company. Keep on cruisin’, Olivia.
Click here for the full list of Out Traveler Awards categories and nominees.
- Same-Sex Weddings From Around the World
- Gay Provincetown - City Guide, Hotels, Gay Beaches & Hot Spots
- PHOTOS: Gay Pride in India
- After Reporting Robbery, European Faces Jail Time In Dubai For Homosexuality
- An Introduction to Gay Mexico City
- Fire Island's Cherry Grove Comm. House and Theater Added to Nat'l Register