Out Traveler Award Winner: Most Awesome Cruise Excursion
By OUTTraveler Editors
Most Awesome Cruise Excursion: OLIVIA
Runner-up: Robin Tyler International Tours and Cruises
Let’s hear it for the girls! Olivia Cruises was voted best cruise excursion among all those aimed at LGBT travelers (and another female-dominated cruise, Robin Tyler International Tours and Cruises, came in second). Maybe women, and the folks behind Olivia, know that the perfect cruise involves a mixture of partying and exploration, adventure and comfort. There is no shortage of drinking and flirting on Olivia Cruises, but visiting the Ports of Call is also a big part of the trips. And Olivia doesn’t disappoint when it comes to destinations: for 2014, there are the stand-by trips like Mexico and the Caribbean, but also Buenos Aires to Rio, Montreal to Boston, and a culinary cruise to Italy, France, and Spain that sounds incredible. Don’t forget the amazing celebrities that Olivia books for its cruises, with everyone from Heart to Maya Angelou to the Indigo Girls to Lily Tomlin. Originally begun in 1973 as a record label, Olivia evolved into the preeminent lesbian travel company. Keep on cruisin’, Olivia.
Click here for the full list of Out Traveler Awards categories and nominees.
- Gay Brazilian Couple Strips Naked in Sao Paulo Street to Protest Homophobia
- Scream Along for One Last Ride With Billy Hough in Provincetown
- New Poll Finds That 50% of Pride Parade Participants Are Straight
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- OutTraveler's 200 of the Greatest Gay Bars in the World
- BBQ to Monkfish: How to Eat Your Way Through Nashville