10 Lessons From a Gay Cruise Virgin
By Cyd Zeigler
For the better part of our 10-year relationship, my partner, Dan, has talked about going on a gay cruise. I resisted at every mention, worried that it would be too loud, too crazy and too impossible to find just one good night's sleep.
Little did I know, I wouldn't want one.
Out of the kindness of my heart, I finally relented. We decided on Atlantis' party-heavy Independence of the Seas cruise in the Caribbean, Feb. 2-10. Why not dive in head-first, we thought.
The schedule was a day longer than most of their cruises in the past. Friends of mine told me I'd be very ready for it to be over by the last day. They couldn't have been further from the truth.
This gay-cruise virgin learned a lot on his first trip with Atlantis. These 10 lessons stick out:
- NYC Wine Bar Offering 'Big Straight Ice Cream'
- Laverne Cox to Cut Ribbon at New Vegas Gay Club
- North Korea Luring Growing Number of Travelers
- The Most Homophobic Nation on Earth Chases Gay Travel Dollars
- PHOTOS: The Vegas Strip's Only Gay Club Opens
- Vancouver's Devil With an Erection Statue Goes Down