VIDEO: Check Out Atlanta's New Streetcar
By Neal Broverman
Sprawling Atlanta is known for its love of the automobile, but a new streetcar will make it easier to get around the city's downtown sans car.
Construction began four years ago and wraps this year on the 2.7-mile streetcar that connects the Martin Luther King, Jr. Historical District to touristy Centennial Park, close to CNN Center, the Georgia Aquarium, and Coca-Cola headquarters. Officials are now testing the system and recently took it out for a run as excited locals cheered (watch below) The streetcar runs in a loop, costs a buck a ride, and should open in two to three months. Photo and video via Joseph Fuller and Curbed Atlanta.
- How to Find Every Naked Hotel in Europe
- PHOTOS: Southern Decadence Lets it All Hang Out in NOLA
- Australian Football Cuts Ties With Brunei Airlines
- PHOTOS: Liberace, Strippers, and Everyone Else at Vegas Pride
- PHOTOS: Get Excited for SF's Folsom Street Fair
- Gay Antwerp - Fashion, History, Culture, City Guide & Itineraries