VIDEO: Check Out Atlanta's New Streetcar
By Neal Broverman
Sprawling Atlanta is known for its love of the automobile, but a new streetcar will make it easier to get around the city's downtown sans car.
Construction began four years ago and wraps this year on the 2.7-mile streetcar that connects the Martin Luther King, Jr. Historical District to touristy Centennial Park, close to CNN Center, the Georgia Aquarium, and Coca-Cola headquarters. Officials are now testing the system and recently took it out for a run as excited locals cheered (watch below) The streetcar runs in a loop, costs a buck a ride, and should open in two to three months. Photo and video via Joseph Fuller and Curbed Atlanta.
- VIDEO: While Many Dream of Visiting Jamaica, Gays Want to Leave
- Get Ready for One of the Biggest Gay Cruises Ever
- The Three Big City Halloween Parties You Can't Miss
- VIDEO: West Hollywood Employs Hot Guys, Humor to Keep Pedestrians Safe
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- PHOTOS: What Do You Wear to a Cuban Beach Party?