10 Hikes And Sights Outside Las Vegas
By Andrew Belonsky
Bighorn Sheep Rule Desert National Wildlife RefugeKeep your eyes peeled for bighorn sheep roaming around this 1.6 million acre refuge 25 miles north of town.
The largest safe space for wildlife in the lower 48 states and peppered with peaks and valleys from six major mountain ranges, including the hikers and climbers' paradises of Vegas Range and the Sheep Range,Desert National Wildlife Refuge was formerly the site of first a Native American people and later Mormon farmers before the government took it over in 1936.
Today, it's an perfect place to hide away from any trouble you may have caused in Vegas.
- VIDEO: West Hollywood Employs Hot Guys, Humor to Keep Pedestrians Safe
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes of Looking Season 2
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- WATCH: A Fever Dream Video From WeHo's Big Gay Bar
- New Yorkers Are Angry With Taylor Swift's Big Apple PR Campaign
- Catching Up With Puerto Vallarta After the Storm