10 Hikes And Sights Outside Las Vegas
By Andrew Belonsky
Bighorn Sheep Rule Desert National Wildlife RefugeKeep your eyes peeled for bighorn sheep roaming around this 1.6 million acre refuge 25 miles north of town.
The largest safe space for wildlife in the lower 48 states and peppered with peaks and valleys from six major mountain ranges, including the hikers and climbers' paradises of Vegas Range and the Sheep Range,Desert National Wildlife Refuge was formerly the site of first a Native American people and later Mormon farmers before the government took it over in 1936.
Today, it's an perfect place to hide away from any trouble you may have caused in Vegas.
- Same-Sex Weddings From Around the World
- Gay Provincetown - City Guide, Hotels, Gay Beaches & Hot Spots
- PHOTOS: Gay Pride in India
- After Reporting Robbery, European Faces Jail Time In Dubai For Homosexuality
- An Introduction to Gay Mexico City
- Fire Island's Cherry Grove Comm. House and Theater Added to Nat'l Register