Housewife Nene Joins Cast of Vegas Cirque Show
By Neal Broverman
Nene Leakes, arguable the biggest star to emerge from Bravo's gay-favorite Real Housewives series, will star in Zumanity, The Sensual Side of Cirque Du Soleil for a limited run at the New York, New York Resort and Casino beginning Friday.
Leakes will only appear in a handful of shows, ending her run on July 1. Leakes, who has extensive acting credits to her name, including Glee and The New Normal, will temporarily take over as the mistress emcee; a role originated by drag legend Joey Arias in 2003, who left the show six years later.
Leakes announced her stage role earlier this year, saying, “I am so excited to be starring in Zumanity. The show is absolutely fabulous and the cast members are so talented! I can’t wait to be in the sexiest show on The Strip and perform on a Cirque du Soleil stage!”
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men? Iceland!
- A Definitive Gay Guide to Las Vegas
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- How Bad are the Hotel Rooms in Sochi? Pretty Bad.
- Jungle Boy: Aruba Native Alex Geerman in Charlie by Matthew Zink
- Gay Paris: Fashion, Luxury, Fine Dining, and History