Gay Games Zeroes In on 2018 Hosts: London, Limerick, or Paris
By Neal Broverman
Officials of the Gay Games are working on naming the site of the 10th event, with Paris, London, and Limerick, Ireland as the top contenders.
Three Gay Games officials, which includes Cyd Zeigler of Outsports.com, will visit the three cities next month to inspect their sporting facilities. While Paris and London are perfect fits for the Games, Limerick could be an interesting place to stage such an ambitious event where over 10,000 participants are expected.
The next Gay Games take place August 9-16, 2014 in Cleveland and Akron, Ohio. The sporting event for LGBT athletes began in 1982 in San Francisco, which hosted them again in 1986. Subsequent Games were held in Vancouver, New York, Amsterdam, Sydney, Chicago, and Cologne. Read more about the Games here.
- First-Ever Gay, Jewish History Trip Planned for Prague and Poland
- PHOTOS: Cuba's Endangered Authenticity
- Five Gayest Things to do in St. Maarten
- Popular NYC Saloon, Flaming Saddles, Opens Second Outpost in Weho
- A Definitive Gay Guide to Las Vegas
- Toronto Club that Played Queer as Folk's Babylon Is Closing