PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation
By Neal Broverman
Los Angeles's Echo Park Lake has been a beloved respite of green and blue since 1892. The park's lake, where boats, lotuses, and birds congregate, was dredged two years ago as part of a $45 million renovation to clean the water and spruce up the park. The area's bohemian, hipster, and LGBT citizens came out this weekend to check out the newly reopened EPL, which received fresh lawns, paths, bridges, and a Lady of the Lake statue. This beautiful spot is definitely worth a visit next time you're in Los Angeles.
See more pictures on the following pages and read more about this great park here.
- WATCH: A Fever Dream Video From WeHo's Big Gay Bar
- The Three Big City Halloween Parties You Can't Miss
- New Yorkers Are Angry With Taylor Swift's Big Apple PR Campaign
- The Giant Butt Plug of Paris is No More
- Top 20 Gayest Destinations in the USA
- Get Ready to Vote: Out Traveler Awards Nominees Coming Next Week