PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation
By Neal Broverman
Los Angeles's Echo Park Lake has been a beloved respite of green and blue since 1892. The park's lake, where boats, lotuses, and birds congregate, was dredged two years ago as part of a $45 million renovation to clean the water and spruce up the park. The area's bohemian, hipster, and LGBT citizens came out this weekend to check out the newly reopened EPL, which received fresh lawns, paths, bridges, and a Lady of the Lake statue. This beautiful spot is definitely worth a visit next time you're in Los Angeles.
See more pictures on the following pages and read more about this great park here.
- Greece's Best Island Just Got a Lot Gayer
- PHOTOS: Montreal's Divers/Cité is North America's Sexiest Gay Party
- Vegas Travel Officials: Nevada's Gay Marriage Ban Sucks
- PHOTOS: A Gay Games Athlete Shares His Cleveland Story
- Gay Los Angeles: Entertainment, Shopping, Beaches, and Bars
- How to Pick Up a Guy in Five Languages