WATCH: Jeff Koons, John Waters Discuss Art
By Neal Broverman
The Broad, the modern art museum under construction in downtown Los Angeles, sponsored a recent chat between modern art master Jeff Koons and queer directing legend John Waters.
As the museum is being sheathed with its honeycomb exterior in preparation for next year's opening, the Broad sponsored the discussion between the two iconoclasts at the nearby Orpheum Theatre. In advance of the opening, The Broad — named after philanthropist Eli Broad — is sponsoring "The Un-Private Collection Series," which features cultural leaders and artists "whose work in The Broad collections explores contemporary and controversial themes like politics, society, race and identity," according to the museum.
Watch Jeff and John's hour-long discussion below (it starts about seven minutes in).
READER COMMENTS (
- Gay Provincetown - City Guide, Hotels, Gay Beaches & Hot Spots
- Scream Along for One Last Ride With Billy Hough in Provincetown
- Toronto Club that Played Queer as Folk's Babylon Is Closing
- Alan Turing's Personal Letters Reveal His Sexual Turmoil
- Nicholas's Gay Guide to Portland, Oregon
- Going gay in Colonial Williamsburg