Demi Lovato Going Bi-Coastal for Pride
By Neal Broverman
Demi Lovato, who's been to hell and back like any diva worth her salt, will be the big name at two of the country's biggest LGBT Pride celebrations.
First Lovato will serve as Grand Marshal at the LA Pride parade on June 8, and her participation will include a "special performance," according to organizers. Then on June 29, Lovato will perform at NYC's Pride's Dance on the Pier party in Tribeca.
Lovato, an actress, X-Factor judge, and multi-Platinum recording artist, has been a vocal supporter of LGBT rights, tweeting her support for the reversal of DOMA last year. Lovato, 21, has also won fans by speaking openly about her battles with drugs and eating disorders.
"It's such an honor to be a part of both LA and NYC Pride celebrations," Lovato said in a statement. "I have been an active advocate of the LGBT community and am wholly committed to supporting individuality and being comfortable in one's own skin. I am thrilled to be a part of both events as they are a wonderful celebration of independence and confidence."
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- The Party's Over for Naked Gay Revelers in Vegas
- Denver Airport: The Perfect Place for Flash Mob Wedding Proposal
- Idan Matalon Teaches you Hebrew
- Plans for Miami's Crazy SkyRise Tower Include Nightclubs, Thrill Rides
- Let Alan Cumming Tell You About Berlin Sex Clubs