Need something to do on those long LAX layovers, or tips on getting in and out of the nation's third-busiest airport? Inspired by Thrillist's LAX hacks, we came up with some of our own.
1. The Original Farmer’s Market opened a satellite location in Terminal 5. The airport’s version of the L.A. shopping and food stall center includes eating options from Monsieur Marcel, Loteria Grill and the Dog Bakery, as well as a replica of the Fairfax Avenue street sign that's outside the real market.
2. Also in Terminal 5, travelers can stop by Lemonade, an upscale cafeteria joint. Lemonade is already a hit in hip areas like Venice and West Hollywood, and makes for a quick, delicious bite that won't leave you doubled over with stomach pain.
3. The new Tom Bradley International Terminal has something for everyone. The shiny terminal includes a children’s play area, a caviar and champagne bar, Bvlgari, Umami Burger, Pinkberry, Lamill Coffee and Chaya.
4. The Jetsons-like Theme building sits empty now, with the Encounters restaurant sadly closed. But a picture of you outside its iconic arches will be a hit on Instagram.
5. WiFi! The entire airport has free WiFi, which is sadly not a universal feature at all U.S. airports.
6. If you are traveling from LAX to tourist-friendly spots like Santa Monica or Hollywood, the trip has become easier. The FlyAway service has a new direct bus line from the airport to downtown Santa Monica (ticket is only $8), and on September 3, FlyAway begins service to Hollywood (for $8). FlyAway also has drop-off/pick-up points in Westwood, a light-rail station in Mid-City, Union Station, and Van Nuys.