Miami's Aqua Girl: Partying in a Bikini for Charity
By Neal Broverman
Miami Beach's Aqua Girl party is currently in full swing — it began on Wednesday and concludes Sunday — with 14 fabulous events for lesbians, bi women, trans men and women, and their straight and gay friends. Started in 1999, the event began as one-night only fundraiser for breast cancer. Fourteen years later, the event encompasses half-a-week of dance parties, live music, pool parties, meet-and-greets, and much more. Billing itself as the "largest charity women’s week in the country," Aqua Girl donates all of its profits to the Aqua Foundation for Women, a nonprofit foundation whose mission is to serve as the funding catalyst for "lesbian, bisexual, and transgender wellness and equality in South Florida through grants, scholarships, and initiatives."
- EXCLUSIVE | Paris: Where to Play/Meet Part Two
- 5 Gift Ideas for the Out Traveler In Your Life
- The 10 Places LGBT Travelers Should Never Visit
- China Approves First Gay Film For Theatrical Release
- PHOTOS: Check Out the Scene at New Orleans's Southern Decadence
- Focus on Queer Middle East: 'The Amina Profile'