PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy
By Neal Broverman
The much-loved Winter Party, a bacchanal of dance events, cocktail parties, and beach excursions in never-dull Miami Beach, just turned 20.
The event may seem like an excuse to party, but it also raises millions for the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, which is fighting for LGBT rights all over the country, especially Florida, which lacks marriage equality and employment protections for gay and trans people. Other groups to benefit from Winter Party include Equality Florida, Aqua Foundation for Women, LGBTQ Homeless Youth Initiative, South Beach AIDS Project, and dozens more.
Some highlights of this year included the mammoth circuit party right on the beach (something that needs to be experienced to be accurately described), an event at Miami Beach Botanical Garden, "The Social" Lincoln Road Gala, a leather party, a brunch, a ladies T-dance, and many, many more. See some pics from this year's Winter Party, which just wrapped, on the following pages.
Photos courtesy of STEVE ROTHAUS, the LGBT correspondent for the Miami Herald.
- Gay Brazilian Couple Strips Naked in Sao Paulo Street to Protest Homophobia
- Scream Along for One Last Ride With Billy Hough in Provincetown
- Experience Provence, France, in the English-Language Movie Wasp
- Where Will You Be for Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour?
- Perfect Day: Daniel Franzese’s Fort Lauderdale