PHOTOS: Stadium Renderings for David Beckham's Miami Soccer Team
By Neal Broverman
Becks is working to bring an MLS expansion club to Miami, which would require a new stadium. Miami-based architect Arquitectonica, in conjunction with 360 Architecture, released renderings for what the stadium could look like.
Located at the Port of Miami and overlooking Biscayne Bay and the downtown Miami skyline, the proposed stadium is an open-air stunner surrounded by glass. If it moves forward, the stadium could be surrounded by new hotel and office developments; all part of the Port of Miami's master development plan.
"When people think of Miami, they immediately think about being near or on the water," Beckham said in a statement. "I asked my team to develop ideas for a stadium that embraces the best of the destination. Even though we are in the early stages of building the franchise, I believe we have a vision that not only Miami would be proud of, but one that will resonate around the world."
- PHOTOS: Southern Decadence Lets it All Hang Out in NOLA
- Bahamian Pride Canceled After Death Threats
- Third Person this Summer Hit by Car on WeHo's Santa Monica Blvd.
- VIDEO: A Gay, Half-Naked Takeover of a Barcelona Waterpark
- L.A.'s Most Infamous Bathhouse Reopens After Sudden Closure
- PHOTOS: How NOLA's Biggest Gay Event Got So Decadent