Must See: Fire Island's Ice Palace and Grove Hotel
By OUTTraveler Editors
If you've ever heard of Fire Island (and come on, who hasn't?) then you've likely also heard about the Ice Palace and Grove Hotel, a place that Here TV's Josh Rosenzweig calls "the literal and proverbial heart and center of Cherry Grove."
It's the largest hotel on Fire Island. It has a bar and a dance floor with a distinctively 70s vibe and wall-to-wall men filling the club and pool on weekends. The Ice Palace also hosts live entertainment seven days a week including appearances by famous drag queens, comedians like Margaret Cho and Broadway stars like the iconic Liza Minelli.
Sal Piro, general manager of the Ice Palace boasts, "You're nowhere until you've been to The Palace." Considering the longstanding popularity of the long Fire Island mainstay, he just might be right.
Watch Here TV's Josh Rosenzweig speak with Sal Piro, General Manager of the Ice Palace below:
- QUEST10NS: Kristen Mann, WNBA Star and Sapphica Lead Singer, Answers Our Questions
- A First-Person Account of New Orleans' Naked Pool Club
- Gay Europe - Cities, Tours & Top Gay European Destinations
- 6 Gay Ski Weeks You Can’t Miss
- A Definitive Gay Guide to New Orleans
- The 10 Places LGBT Travelers Should Never Visit