VIDEO: The Most Memorable Performances at NYC's Roseland Ballroom
By Neal Broverman
Consummate New Yorker Lady Gaga is the perfect artist to close out Roseland Ballroom, the famed venue that opened in its current 52nd Street location in 1956 and replaced an ice skating rink — earlier incarnations of the Roseland first appeared in 1919 — and closes April 7. An institution in New York's music scene, the ballroom hosted everything from swing parties to disco nights to intimate performances of the some of the world's biggest artists. See some of those performances below and click here for info on Gaga's shows, the last time to see Roseland before it's torn down and turned into a 50-story skyscraper.
Beyoncé held a revue show titled ‘4 Intimate Nights’ with Beyoncé on August 14, 16, 18 and 19, 2011.
- The Three Big City Halloween Parties You Can't Miss
- Get Ready for One of the Biggest Gay Cruises Ever
- VIDEO: West Hollywood Employs Hot Guys, Humor to Keep Pedestrians Safe
- New Yorkers Are Angry With Taylor Swift's Big Apple PR Campaign
- WATCH: A Fever Dream Video From WeHo's Big Gay Bar
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Pride Is a Southern Star