VIDEO: Amex, Out's #ExpressYourSelfie Takes Over NY Pride
By OUTTraveler Editors
The #ExpressYourselfie campaign, an initiative of American Express and Out (sister publication to Out Traveler), took their message of buying local to New York's streets this summer.
The campaign kicked into high-gear at Prides around the country, including the June event in New York. An #ExpressYourselfie float encouraged folks to patronize local shops and services, especially LGBT-friendly businesses. Campaign ambassadors handed out instant cameras to the crowd so they could take their own "selfies," which were later affixed to an #ExpressYourselfie dress that, by the end of the Pride parade, was completely covered by pictures of revelers.
"Both American Express and Out are committed to engaging with consumers in new and innovative way," Out publisher Joe Landry said, "and this program represents a lot of firsts for both of us in bringing engaging experiences and relevant information to the LGBT community."
Watch video of the campaign below.
- A Definitive Gay Guide to Las Vegas
- Michael Musto: A Love Letter To Atlantic City
- Exclusive | Palm Springs: Where to Stay Part Six
- Gay Antwerp - Fashion, History, Culture, City Guide & Itineraries
- PHOTOS: Krave Massive Nightclub Opens in Las Vegas
- Gay Boston: City Guide, History, Nightlife, and Bars