NYC Bar May Drag Its Boots, Saddle to Chelsea
By Jorge Rodriguez-Jimenez
Boots & Saddle may have found a new home, after rising rent drove them from their current location on Christopher Street in Greenwich Village.
Robert Ziegler, owner of the famed drag bar, applied for a liquor license at the prospective location at 290 Eighth Avenue in Chelsea (pictured), according to DNAInfo. The move would be an upgrade for the bar — the new space will allow for 285 people and space for a restaurant.
"It will be more of a restaurant than a bar," Ziegler told DNAInfo. "A sit-down place with drag shows."
This is the second location Boots & Saddle has eyed. The first attempt would have put the bar at 37 Barrow Street, but Community Board 2 denied the liquor license at that location.
It is up to Community Board 4 to approve the liquor license at their next meeting on September 9 and then the State Liquor Authority will have the final say.
"There's a lot of bad history in the area, and we need to figure out how best to operate," Ziegler told DNAInfo. "We like to be a good neighbor."
READER COMMENTS (
- Gay Brazilian Couple Strips Naked in Sao Paulo Street to Protest Homophobia
- Scream Along for One Last Ride With Billy Hough in Provincetown
- Experience Provence, France, in the English-Language Movie Wasp
- Where Will You Be for Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour?
- Perfect Day: Daniel Franzese’s Fort Lauderdale