NYC Bar May Drag Its Boots, Saddle to Chelsea
By Jorge Rodriguez-Jimenez
Boots & Saddle may have found a new home, after rising rent drove them from their current location on Christopher Street in Greenwich Village.
Robert Ziegler, owner of the famed drag bar, applied for a liquor license at the prospective location at 290 Eighth Avenue in Chelsea (pictured), according to DNAInfo. The move would be an upgrade for the bar — the new space will allow for 285 people and space for a restaurant.
"It will be more of a restaurant than a bar," Ziegler told DNAInfo. "A sit-down place with drag shows."
This is the second location Boots & Saddle has eyed. The first attempt would have put the bar at 37 Barrow Street, but Community Board 2 denied the liquor license at that location.
It is up to Community Board 4 to approve the liquor license at their next meeting on September 9 and then the State Liquor Authority will have the final say.
"There's a lot of bad history in the area, and we need to figure out how best to operate," Ziegler told DNAInfo. "We like to be a good neighbor."
- See How Gays Travel Over the Holidays In One Nifty Infographic
- Know What 'Hidden City' Booking Is? Orbitz Doesn't Want You To
- Gay Armada: A Sailing Trip Where Everyone Cruises
- The 30 Hottest Guys from New York Comic Con
- The 13 Hottest Photos From Gay Days Anaheim at Disneyland
- PHOTOS: Men of the Outback