Will You Piss Off One Million Moms and Party at Disney World?
By Neal Broverman
A perfect marriage of Disney magic and circuit-party revelry, the One Magical Weekend event starts Friday in Orlando. With three days of events at Typhoon Lagoon and Epcot Center, OMM maintains a bit of wholesomeness amidst all the tiny (and we mean tiny) trunks, bikinis, and cut-offs.
The highlight of OMM is the opening night event at Typhoon Lagoon (the world's best water park?), with DJ Manny Lehman spinning and sexy folks splashing around the wave pool and careening down the water slides until 2 a.m.
OMM happens at the same time as the 23rd annual Gay Days Orlando, where LGBT folks descend on the Magic Kingdom, its sister properties, and area hotels in droves (the event began Tuesday and ends Monday). The event is not officially sponsored by the Mouse House, but that hasn't stopped the antigay group known as One Million Moms from launching a boycott against Disney. The company hasn't caved to OMM, and knowing that the president of Walt Disney Resorts is an out gay man — George Kalogridis — we don't expect one.
- Alan Turing's Personal Letters Reveal His Sexual Turmoil
- Get on the Bus! New Service from NYC to Rehoboth
- My City: Colorado Springs
- L.A.'s Most Infamous Bathhouse Reopens After Sudden Closure
- Why Are Lesbian Bars Vanishing in Some of the Gayest Cities in the Country?
- THE Lesbian Guide to West Hollywood