Orlando Wants More Money to Encourage LGBT Travel
By Neal Broverman
The group that works to promote LGBT tourism in Orlando is seeking $50,000 to bring more gay travelers to the city, specifically those from Brazil.
Converge Orlando is the group tasked with marketing and promoting LGBT tourism in Orland. Converge recently requested $50,000 from Visit Orlando, which oversees all travel efforts in the city, so they can tap the huge LGBT market more effectively. If Converge is successful, they'll put the money towards advertising and public relations. The group believes the gay travel market can bring $3 billion in local spending, if they're given the right resources.
Converge hopes to direct many efforts towards Brazilian LGBT tourists. Brazil is currently the largest market for tourism in Orlando.
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- Exclusives - Op-eds, Photos & In-depth Travel News
- Gay Hotels & Resorts - Reviews, Recommendations & Guides
- PHOTOS: Help Copenhagen Celebrate 25 Years of Equal Marriage
- PHOTOS: Barrowman Frenches Guy as Commonwealth Games Begin in Scotland