- North America
- Central & South America
- Australia/New Zealand
Founded in 1636 and steeped in history, gay Providence is the largest city in Rhode Island, with the important distinction of being the first city in the United States to industrialize. Today, it is a mecca of higher learning, with institutions like the Rhode Island School of Design leading a renaissance of arts and culture, including the annual WaterFire installation and festival. Gay Providence boasts many diverse neighborhoods like Federal Hill, West End, and Fox Point, and has one of the largest LGBT populations in the U.S. Don’t miss it’s thriving nightlife led by staples MiraBar and Dark Lady.
Brett Smiley, a gay mayoral candidate in Providence, R.I., may have released the most adorable campaign ad yet.
Three days in Rhode Island's capital city.
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- EXCLUSIVE | Paris: Where to Play/Meet Part Two
- Too Late to Save the UK’s Oldest Gay Bar the Royal Vauxhall Tavern?
- How to Find Every Naked Hotel in Europe
- An American in Dublin: Exploring Gay Life Over the Rainbow
- 100 Years Of LGBT History On The West Coast