Geyser Dips and Penis Museums: Get to Know Europe's Hottest Winter Party
By Keith Hutson
The 2nd Annual LGBT Winter Festival in Iceland, known as Rainbow Reykjavik, just wrapped last week. A celebration of queer life in one of the world's remotest countries, the event includes guided tours of Iceland's capital, a soak in the otherworldly Blue Lagoon, trips to waterfalls and geysers, and a visit to the Phallological Museum, which explores all things penile. The event also includes a night among the glorious natural light phenomenon known as Aurora Borealis, or the Northern Lights. See images of this very atypical gay gathering on the following pages.
- PHOTOS: The High Line, 15 Years After Two Gay Men Saved It
- Gay Flight Attendant Talks Celebrities, Culture Shock, Upgrades
- DC's Newest Rail Line Whisking Passengers to Virginia
- PHOTOS: Help Copenhagen Celebrate 25 Years of Equal Marriage
- PHOTOS: Tom Daley & competitors at the 19th FINA Diving World Cup in China