S.F.'s Castro Theater Hosting Showgirls: Night of a 1,000 Showgirls
By Neal Broverman
Pasties, doggy chow, and glitter will descend on San Francisco next month when Showgirls: Night of 1,000 Showgirls hits the famed Castro Theater.
Underground drag star Peaches Christ hosts the August 24 event, which stars Rena Riffel as Nomi, the Vegas newbie with a complicated past. Riffel co-starred in Showgirls, the 1995 celluloid camp classic, portraying dim dancer Penny. Riffel actually wrote and starred in a Showgirls sequel that focused on the Penny character.
The Castro event, the 16th such Showgirls drag spectacular, will feature a "Volcanic Goddess" pre-show performance and, of course, NOMI-PALOOZA, with multiple Nomis on stage gyrating for the crowd. If you have what it takes, you can compete in the "Nomi Malone Look Alike" contest. Other performers expected at Night of a 1,000 Showgirls are Sister Roma, Lady Bear, Honey Mahogany, Penny L'eggs, and Timmy Spence at Mr. Tammers Moss. Oh, and free lap dances when you buy a large popcorn!
Click here for more information.
- LGBT Group Launches Travel Alert for Mississippi
- Gay Travel Advice - Tips, Travel Alerts & Expert Insight
- Exclusives - Op-eds, Photos & In-depth Travel News
- CHECK OUT: The Posters of S.F.'s Folsom Street Fair
- General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week
- Gay Cruises - Reviews, Recommendations & Guides