Shot of the Day: Golden Gay Bridge
By OUTTraveler Editors
We at Out Traveler are happy to announce a new daily — we hope — feature. Our "Shot of the Day" will highlight a beautiful vacation picture from anyone (but hopefully LGBT). If you have an arresting travel shot, please send it to [email protected] with a sentence or two describing the details; where and when it took place, and maybe your favorite memory of that trip. Don't forget your name and where you live.
Today's "Shot of the Day" comes from Daniel Reynolds, the editorial assistant at The Advocate, Out Traveler's sister publication. Daniel and his boyfriend, Randolph Frazier, pose for a photo in front of the Golden Gate Bridge after a day in San Francisco, which involved a picnic lunch in Mission Dolores Park and a walk through the city's historic gay district, the Castro.
"On a road trip to Portland, my boyfriend and I stopped in San Francisco to take a shot with the city's iconic Golden Gate Bridge," Reynolds says. "Just moments beforehand, the bridge had been obscured by fog, but a strong wind blew away the clouds (and, almost, my hair) in time for a great picture. Afterward, we continued our drive up California's Pacific Coast Highway, where we saw many more breathtaking views of the shore and sea."
For more information on San Francisco, click here.
READER COMMENTS (
- Gay Brazilian Couple Strips Naked in Sao Paulo Street to Protest Homophobia
- Experience Provence, France, in the English-Language Movie Wasp
- A Definitive Gay Guide to Miami
- Scream Along for One Last Ride With Billy Hough in Provincetown
- A First-Person Account of New Orleans' Naked Pool Club
- Out Traveler Award Winner: Ultimate Honeymoon Destination