Toronto Blog: Forgive Us for Rob Ford
By OUTTraveler Editors
Graphic designer Christopher Rouleau, who created the "Toronto Etiquette Project" website, launched "We Are Not Ford," a blog that intends to distance Toronto from its disastrous mayor.
With pictures of Toronto icons like the CN Tower, poutine, and maple leaves, the blog hopes to repair damage done to Toronto's reputation by Rob Ford, its vulgar, and allegedly homophobic, boss. Readers are encouraged to share these images on social media, using the hashtag #wearenotford.
"My objective was to address the problem, offer a playful visual solution, and provide a creative and shareable component to the growing anti-Ford movement,” Rouleau said in a statement. "I took it upon myself to come up with a creative solution for Torontonians and Canadians to reclaim our tarnished reputation."
- Gay Travel Advice - Tips, Travel Alerts & Expert Insight
- Our Favorite Places in America's Queerest Cities
- Gay Europe - Cities, Tours & Top Gay European Destinations
- Tour of the Week Guatemala with Zoom Vacations
- The 30 Hottest Guys from New York Comic Con
- Florianopolis - Brazil's Other Carnival Hot Spot