Another Person Hit in WeHo Crosswalk: Fourth Since June
By Neal Broverman
The epidemic of pedestrian accidents in West Hollywood's "Boystown" section is not receding: a young man was hit by a car on early Wednesday evening, while in a crosswalk heavily utilized by pedestrians, WeHoville reports.
The driver was making a left turn and hit the young man as he crossed Santa Monica Boulevard legally; it was 5 p.m. and the weather clear and sunny. The pedestrian was taken to a nearby hospital; his current condition is unknown.
This is the fourth accident since June, including a fatality that killed a 59-year-old man. Since the string of accidents accelerated this summer, a group called Cross Safe WeHo formed, demanding West Hollywood officials take action to make walking and cycling safe in the city.
Photo by Jon Viscott
READER COMMENTS (
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Why Spain Is Winning the Gay Tourist Dollar War
- A Definitive Gay Guide to Las Vegas
- The Newest LGBT Cruise Sets Sail With Transgender Travelers Taking Center Stage
- PHOTOS: Southern Decadence Lets it All Hang Out in NOLA
- Five Places To Stay This Summer In Europe