Destination of the Week: Miami
By Neal Broverman
Miami has long lured LGBT visitors, with its beautiful beaches, sizzling nightlife, and gorgeous locals. A cosmopolitan combination of Latin American, North American, and European styles, Miami is a growing world center, with one of the globe's biggest art festivals. Miami Beach has been hot since the 1990s (and the Pride celebration there is just a few weeks away; click here for a chance for a free trip there), but the Design District and downtown core are gentrifying and offering their own pleasures — the latter neighborhood will soon host the Ultra Music Festival. David Beckham is trying to woo a Major League Soccer Team to the city and a shiny new stadium may soon rise at the Port of Miami. While Miami is thought of as inclusive, Florida isn't — but that's changing slowly, with eight Florida couples suing for marriage equality. The winds of change are blowing through Miami and they sure feel good right now. Click through to see why we love Miami so much.
- British Government Reveals Stunning Float For New York City's Pride Parade
- Another Gay Pool Party Launching in Vegas
- QUEST10NS: Kristen Mann, WNBA Star and Sapphica Lead Singer, Answers Our Questions
- OFFICIAL RULES: OUT’S ALASKA AIRLINES® #IFLYWITHPRIDE CONTEST
- The 10 Places LGBT Travelers Should Never Visit