San Pedro to Hold California's Largest Skate Festival
By Lynn De La Cruz
Last year the Los Angeles enclave of San Pedro hosted a successful skating festival that brought in hundreds of riders and thousands of spectators, and skateboarders will be flocking to Gaffey Street Saturday to do it all again.
San Pedro Shred: Festival of Skate provides a safe and controlled environment for skating enthusiasts. Although the festival is free, riders interested in participating must bring proper safety equipment, including helmet, pads, and sliding gloves for the hill. After registering and signing the waiver form, riders can enjoy two downhill courses and a street course to their hearts' content.
Complementing the sounds of boards bombing the hill, six bands, including punk rock trio Mike Watt and the Missingmen, are set to perform at the festival. Spectators can also enjoy vendors, local art, food trucks, and giveaways. See the full schedule here.
- Popular NYC Saloon, Flaming Saddles, Opens Second Outpost in Weho
- Top 20 Gayest Destinations in the USA
- Gay Europe - Cities, Tours & Top Gay European Destinations
- Midnight in Paris: Hotel Jules et Jim gets it just right
- A Definitive Gay Guide to Las Vegas
- Gay Provincetown - City Guide, Hotels, Gay Beaches & Hot Spots