Gay Life Around the Arctic Circle
By Paul Rubio
Despite climactic extremes and dramatic variations in sunlight, humanity near the North Pole has transformed inhospitable terrain into a playground of extreme adventure, remarkable culture, and fashionable nightlife. The progressive social and political views of Scandinavia reach even the furthest corners of the world's northernmost latitudes, where gay and straight life integrate and sexual preference stands insignificant. From openly gay mushers and seal hunters in Svalbard to Tromso's prolific Prince Harry doppelgangers to Stockholm's show stopping Viking pedigree, Santa Claus's stomping grounds are a land of beautiful people and unwavering tolerance. The polar bar scene unites all demographics and desires, including an eye-opening reverence for bisexuality.
- Alan Turing's Personal Letters Reveal His Sexual Turmoil
- Get on the Bus! New Service from NYC to Rehoboth
- My City: Colorado Springs
- L.A.'s Most Infamous Bathhouse Reopens After Sudden Closure
- Why Are Lesbian Bars Vanishing in Some of the Gayest Cities in the Country?
- THE Lesbian Guide to West Hollywood