5 Things You Don't Know About Turks & Caicos
By Jimmy Im
Back when I was serious about turntables, I was flown to Turks & Caicos to DJ a weekend at the now-closed Nikki Beach. The resort/club was on its own bay, away from the 12-mile Grace Bay beach strip, and I locked in three days of drinking, Djing, and more drinking, so much (the drinking part) that I never had a chance to explore the heart and soul of the destination. Apparently, tipsy shirtless college boys eating sushi off the body of a naked female model sprawled on the bar wasn't the only thing worth experiencing in this Caribbean hot spot (that, and the limitless mini-bar), as I soon understood with a more recent visit.
- Hotels Still Making Things Awkward for Gay Couples
- Castro District's Pink Saturday May Go Away
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- PHOTOS: What Do You Wear to a Cuban Beach Party?
- Gay Provincetown - City Guide, Hotels, Gay Beaches & Hot Spots
- Gay Travel Advice - Tips, Travel Alerts & Expert Insight