Exclusive | Freefalling in Guatemala
By Joe Okonkwo | AN OUTTRAVELER.COM EXCLUSIVE
In a recent trip to Guatemala, I convinced several friends that there was one view of Lago de Atitl?n that we simply couldn't miss.
Atitl?n is possibly one of the most beautiful spots in the world: a crystal-blue reservoir in the Western part of Guatemala, this swimmable lake is surrounded by volcanoes, promising a constant ring of picturesque clouds all through the day. Boat taxis ferry visitors and residents to the many small towns that are nestled around the lake, including Santiago (the largest), Panajachel, and San Marcos.
I am here paragliding several hundred feet above the lake. It was astounding and the view, as clear as glass, literally took my breath away --Jonathan Torn
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful People of Coachella 2014
- Will Marriage Equality Turn Virginia Into a Gay Destination?
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots
- Gay Power Players Ditch Bev. Hills Hotel Over Antigay Owner
- F-bomb Dropper Azealia Banks Performing at L.A. Pride
- Big Gay Ice Cream Opening Biggest Store Ever in L.A.