PHOTOS: Instagram Captures Burning Man 2014
By Neal Broverman
Burning Man 2014 got off to a wet start, when monsoon-like weather shut down the northern Nevada festival. The gates are now back open and Burners are pouring into the Black Rock Desert from around the world, ready to enjoy a week of music, community, nudity, self-expression, and living sans money. This year's Burn theme is "Caravansary," which is explained as thus: "For centuries, Silk Route travelers crossed paths in caravansaries, bustling caravan stops offering more than just shelter from the desert wilderness; they were vital centers of cultural exchange, bringing together traders, pilgrims, monks, nomads, traveling entertainers, and wild-eyed adventurers from all points of the compass to share their stories around a common fire."
There is no shortage of sexual experimentation and varying gender identity at Burning Man; dozens of LGBT camps occupy Black Rock City. Read more here.
- Backlash Against Out NYC Hotel Continues After Ted Cruz Event
- PHOTOS: First Look at Lisa Vanderpump's Pump Lounge in West Hollywood
- How to Help With Nepal Earthquake Relief
- Exclusive | Key West: What to See & Do Part Two
- Top 20 Gayest Destinations in the USA
- Gay Destinations - Best Gay-Friendly Cities & Vacation Spots