Spotlight Portland, Oregon: Into The Woods
By Justin Ocean
Next to food carts, live music is the soul of Portland, so it’s somehow fitting its latest, greatest music venue The Woods is housed in a former Mission-style funeral parlor, its spacious chapel and embalming basement serving as inviting, if somewhat eerie, stages. Acts toe toward the intimate folk end of the rock spectrum, and there’s karaoke, stand-up and movie nights, too.
6637 Milwaukie Ave.; 503-890-0408
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- WATCH: A Fever Dream Video From WeHo's Big Gay Bar
- Wanna Cruise With the Stars of Top Chef?
- Elvis Chapel Among Several in Vegas That Refuse to Perform Gay Weddings
- Out Traveler Award Winner: Ultimate Honeymoon Destination
- PHOTOS: First Look at Lisa Vanderpump's Pump Lounge in West Hollywood