Have You Booked Your Room for the Gay Games in Cleveland?
By Neal Broverman
The Outgames just wrapped in Antwerp early this month, but planning is well underway for the 2014 Gay Games in Cleveland and Akron, Ohio.
The gay-friendly Marriott hotel chain will be the platinum sponsor and official hotel partner for the games, happening August 9-16, 2014. Downtown Cleveland's Renaissance Hotel, owned by Marriott, will be the official hotel for the event. The Renaissance will be ground zero for gatherings and parties during the games, which encompasses 35+ sports and cultural events.
“We are honored to have been selected as the official host hotel for the 2014 Gay Games," Theona Simbrat, the Renaissance's general manager, said in a statement. "The Gay Games will no doubt serve to inspire our community and build awareness of Cleveland as a vibrant destination. On behalf of the Renaissance Cleveland, we are delighted to be a part of this exciting initiative.”
Read more about the upcoming Gay Games here.
READER COMMENTS (
- The 30 Hottest Guys from New York Comic Con
- Elvis Chapel Among Several in Vegas That Refuse to Perform Gay Weddings
- Wanna Cruise With the Stars of Top Chef?
- LGBT Travel Website Directory
- Gentrifying Downtown L.A. Getting Its Own Gay Bar
- PHOTOS: First Look at Lisa Vanderpump's Pump Lounge in West Hollywood