Latest Addition to Beverly Hills Hotel Boycott: Kim Kardashian
By Neal Broverman
If you didn't care for the Kardashians before, this might temper your feelings on the reality clan: Kris Jenner, along with daughters Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian, abruptly canceled the Saturday bridal shower for daughter Kim at the Beverly Hills Hotel, in light of a boycott over the owner's antigay and anti-woman policies.
It's not clear where the shower, which celebrates Kim's impending nuptials to musician Kanye West, did take place, but it wasn't at the Beverly Hills Hotel, reports E!. The Kardashians discovered the hotel's owner, the Sultan of Brunei, is responsible for horrific new laws that open the door to stonings, floggings, and amputations of women and gays, and changed course. OK, Kardashians, you win this one.
READER COMMENTS (
- PHOTOS: Southern Decadence Lets it All Hang Out in NOLA
- Third Person this Summer Hit by Car on WeHo's Santa Monica Blvd.
- Meet the Lucky Couple Getting Married By Seattle's Out Mayor
- Southern Decadence 2014 101
- How to Pick Up a Guy in Five Languages
- Gay New Orleans: City Guide, Restaurants, Festivals & Nightlife