Meet the Lucky Couple Getting Married By Seattle's Out Mayor
By OUTTraveler Editors
The "Marry Me in Seattle" contest, sponsored by Visit Seattle and Out Traveler, announced the first winners of a free wedding in the Emerald City: fiancees Zachary Baker and Samuel Busch.
The couple, who live in St. Paul, Minn. and have been together two years and seven months, will get a free trip to Seattle courtesy of Alaska Airlines and be put up at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. The guys won a lavish wedding and ceremony in the city with music, photography, champagne, beer, food, and free local transportation from Uber. The best part: out mayor Ed Murray will officiate the wedding.
Zac and Sam met at a Gay Christian Network conference in Nashville, but have never been to Seattle. Their wedding city is very appropriate — while at a hotel in Indianapolis, Zac was attempting to teach Sam how to foxtrot in the hallways. "On the TV, Dorothy and friends were emerging out of the poppy fields with the Emerald City in view as Sam popped the question," Zac recalls.
- New Yorkers Are Angry With Taylor Swift's Big Apple PR Campaign
- VIDEO: West Hollywood Employs Hot Guys, Humor to Keep Pedestrians Safe
- Catching Up With Puerto Vallarta After the Storm
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- PHOTOS: Key West's Fantasy Fest Parade Gets a Tiny Bit Serious
- WATCH: A Fever Dream Video From WeHo's Big Gay Bar