Would You Kickstart London Pride?
By Neal Broverman
Organizers of London's Pride parade need help, i.e. money, to put together this year's event. They're asking interested parties to donate bucks to the event, which is short over $40,000 in cash that's needed to produce the parade. Planners hope LGBT Londoners and other fans of the British capital take a "personal stake in Pride's success."
The crowdsourced funds won't be used to pay for Pride's musical acts, which actually make up the bulk of expenses. The entire London Pride parade and related parties cost over $115,000 to produce. Those who help pay for the event will be allowed to walk in a special section of the Pride parade, as well as enjoy a "VIP experience."
London Pride organizers, who expect over 650,000 people, say they don't plan on charging people to attend the main Pride celebrations, namely the Parade, but may consider it in the future. The parade is scheduled for June 28, though a week of Pride-related events happens in London from June 22-29. Click here to donate.
- Alan Turing's Personal Letters Reveal His Sexual Turmoil
- Get on the Bus! New Service from NYC to Rehoboth
- My City: Colorado Springs
- L.A.'s Most Infamous Bathhouse Reopens After Sudden Closure
- Why Are Lesbian Bars Vanishing in Some of the Gayest Cities in the Country?
- THE Lesbian Guide to West Hollywood