Would You Kickstart London Pride?
By Neal Broverman
Organizers of London's Pride parade need help, i.e. money, to put together this year's event. They're asking interested parties to donate bucks to the event, which is short over $40,000 in cash that's needed to produce the parade. Planners hope LGBT Londoners and other fans of the British capital take a "personal stake in Pride's success."
The crowdsourced funds won't be used to pay for Pride's musical acts, which actually make up the bulk of expenses. The entire London Pride parade and related parties cost over $115,000 to produce. Those who help pay for the event will be allowed to walk in a special section of the Pride parade, as well as enjoy a "VIP experience."
London Pride organizers, who expect over 650,000 people, say they don't plan on charging people to attend the main Pride celebrations, namely the Parade, but may consider it in the future. The parade is scheduled for June 28, though a week of Pride-related events happens in London from June 22-29. Click here to donate.
- Bravo, Encore! Las Vegas Hotel's Pride Concierge
- How to Find Every Naked Hotel in Europe
- Naked Ibiza: Dylan Rosser's Photos Urge Us to Cancel Thanksgiving
- Stay & Play: Puerto Vallarta Pride
- Canada Plans to Welcome Single Gay Syrian Refugees, But Not Straight Ones
- Gay Brazilian Couple Strips Naked in Sao Paulo Street to Protest Homophobia