PHOTOS: Rhode Island Pride After Dark
By OutTraveler.com contributor
In 1976 about 75 people marched through downtown Providence. That small group in this small state are the roots of what would become the Rhode Island Pride. Now it's a daylong festival, held on Saturday on South Water Stree, that is capped by an Illuminated Nighttime Parade though downtown. The parade and its about 1,600 participants were cheered on this year by approximately 20,000 people, according to Kurt Bagley, president of Rhode Island Pride. For more information, check out prideri.com.
On the following pages, see photos by Jonathan Luke O'Brien (and visit his Facebook page here).
He wears his sunglassses at night.
Ballerinas in all shapes and sizes.
I love your hat.
- The Three Big City Halloween Parties You Can't Miss
- VIDEO: West Hollywood Employs Hot Guys, Humor to Keep Pedestrians Safe
- VIDEO: While Many Dream of Visiting Jamaica, Gays Want to Leave
- WATCH: A Fever Dream Video From WeHo's Big Gay Bar
- PHOTOS: What Pride Looks Like in a Rio Favela
- Get Ready for One of the Biggest Gay Cruises Ever