Uber Offering Free Weddings in S.F.
By Neal Broverman
Uber has a whale of a deal if you find yourself ready to get married on Saturday in San Francisco. The ride-sharing service will not only whisk you and your partner away to a ceremony with flowers, candles, and a violinist, but they'll give you a honeymoon with airfare and lodging included.
"To get the service, couples must open the Uber app between noon and 6 p.m. Saturday, select a wedding location, bring their friends and family, meet with an onsite notary to get their license, and then go through with the marriage," according to a report in the Los Angeles Times.
Couples must also have all the necessary paperwork ready, along with photo IDs and an officiant.
"We’re thankful to be based in San Francisco, a city that recognizes love doesn’t have to look any certain way," Uber says on their website. "In honor of Pride week, we’re celebrating the inclusive idea that love is love with something that lasts a lifetime."
- How to Pack for a Two Week Trip
- PHOTOS: First Look at Lisa Vanderpump's Pump Lounge in West Hollywood
- Gay Antwerp - Fashion, History, Culture, City Guide & Itineraries
- Gay Europe - Cities, Tours & Top Gay European Destinations
- Best Gay Travel - Lists of the Hottest & Best in Gay Travel
- QUEST10NS: Michael Urie: We Ask the Actor/Director All About His Trip to Hell (and Back)