PHOTOS: This Year's Seattle Pride Came With Surprises
By OUTTraveler Editors
Celebrating 40 Years of Seattle Pride, this year's parade was the best yet, with a long list of prominent activists and organizations participating. The theme, Generations of Pride, celebrated the history of the Northwest's LGBT rights movement and progress the LGBT community has made since 1974, the year of the inaugural Seattle Pride celebration.
Celebrity grand marshal George Takei was joined by Seattle-based rapper Macklemore, a strong ally of the LGBT community, in a surprise visit. Thanks to Nate Gowdy Photography for these great photos. Read more about Seattle here, including one drag queen's confrontation with an antigay hater.
George Takei was obviously glad to be there.
Oh, yeah, the usual party poopers, God bless them.
Cool rainbow flag-holder straps, guys!
- A Definitive Gay Guide to Puerto Vallarta
- PHOTOS: The Vegas Strip's Only Gay Club Opens
- Queens-ing Out: Exploring NYC's Royal Borough
- Top 20 Gayest Destinations in the USA
- Gay Flight Attendant Talks Celebrities, Culture Shock, Upgrades
- Upcoming Exhibition Celebrates the Homoerotic Work of George Quaintance