iPtown Will Get You from the Tea Dance to Lobster Dinner
By Neal Broverman
Provincetown officials launched a new smartphone app that offers connections to hundreds of businesses and attractions, listings of events, and integration with social media.
The free app allows users to connect directly with Ptown businesses via their phone, and directions to reach all the hot spots. There are also links to emergency services and weather updates. An interesting aspect of the phone is its design, which includes illustrations of town criers, street artists, a shopper on a bike, a rainbow-covered town scene meant to welcome the LGBT community, and even Lily Tomlin.
"Unlike most apps, iPtown is not a commercial enterprise by a single business that wants to promote itself," according to a statement. "Rather, iPtown is a product of Provincetown itself, affording users a boundless tool to explore and enjoy a town that has become well known as a hub of artistic progress, an eco-tourism haven for nature lovers, a clarion call for progressivism, and a playground for anyone who is looking for a good time in a safe environment."
Visit your phone's app store to get iPtown; it's available on all platforms.
- Gay Brazilian Couple Strips Naked in Sao Paulo Street to Protest Homophobia
- Where Will You Be for Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour?
- How to Find Every Naked Hotel in Europe
- EXCLUSIVE | Three Gay Days: Russian River
- GREAT ESCAPE: Wisconsin's Door County, Four Hours North of Chicago
- Jamaica to Hold First LGBT Pride Celebration