iPtown Will Get You from the Tea Dance to Lobster Dinner
By Neal Broverman
Provincetown officials launched a new smartphone app that offers connections to hundreds of businesses and attractions, listings of events, and integration with social media.
The free app allows users to connect directly with Ptown businesses via their phone, and directions to reach all the hot spots. There are also links to emergency services and weather updates. An interesting aspect of the phone is its design, which includes illustrations of town criers, street artists, a shopper on a bike, a rainbow-covered town scene meant to welcome the LGBT community, and even Lily Tomlin.
"Unlike most apps, iPtown is not a commercial enterprise by a single business that wants to promote itself," according to a statement. "Rather, iPtown is a product of Provincetown itself, affording users a boundless tool to explore and enjoy a town that has become well known as a hub of artistic progress, an eco-tourism haven for nature lovers, a clarion call for progressivism, and a playground for anyone who is looking for a good time in a safe environment."
Visit your phone's app store to get iPtown; it's available on all platforms.
- PHOTOS: Men of the Outback
- The 13 Hottest Photos From Gay Days Anaheim at Disneyland
- The Most Useless and Inappropriate Items in the SkyMall Catalog
- See How Gays Travel Over the Holidays In One Nifty Infographic
- Gay Armada: A Sailing Trip Where Everyone Cruises
- PHOTOS: Men With Their Legs Spread on Public Transit