San Fran's Jeffrey Gerson Uses Instagram to Re-Discover the City
By Jeffrey Gerson
For my four years in college, I lived just 35 miles south of San Francisco. Still I hardly ever made it into the city because, on the rare occasion we had a free weekend, it was difficult to convince anyone to join me on the walk to the off-campus train station or, if someone had a car, to justify gas on our student budgets.
But upon graduation last spring, I happily moved to San Francisco—into a beautiful subdivided Victorian with two roommates—and immediately made the city my new home. I found my routines and I loved them. Instead of the "out-of-reach" city I'd known, San Francisco became functional: it had its restaurants, farmers' markets, stores, and coffee shops (oh god, such good coffee shops). But in becoming my home, the city also lost some of its allure, and I lost some of my wide-eyed anticipation of a new adventure every time I stepped onto one of its streets. So I resolved to bring some of that excitement back into my life by exploring everything the city had to offer… even though I had no idea where to start.
Click here to see Instagram photos of Jeffrey Gerson's San Francisco adventures.
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- WATCH: A Fever Dream Video From WeHo's Big Gay Bar
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Pride Is a Southern Star
- The Party's Over for Naked Gay Revelers in Vegas
- PHOTOS: 14 Events You Can't Miss at Gay Days Anaheim
- Plans for Miami's Crazy SkyRise Tower Include Nightclubs, Thrill Rides