Cruise Prices Plummet
By OUTTraveler Editors
Talk about budget travel. It's now cheaper in some cases to take a Carnival Cruise than it is to stay at a Motel 6, Bloomberg.com reports. Carnival Corp. is offering a cruise for as little as $38 a night. A four-night trip on Carnival's Inspiration, leaving Miami on April 22, costs $149 including meals and some beverages, according to the company's website this week.
The price drop comes just months after Carnival suffered tremendously bad press when an engine fire on the Carnival Triumph left 3,100 passengers at sea for several days with limited food and toilet service.
"The prices did go down," Manny Lubian of Futura Travel Inc. told Bloomberg. "An empty ship doesn't make as much money. They'd rather have bodies in them, buying drinks and spending money."
- The 30 Hottest Guys from New York Comic Con
- 8 Things We Learned From This Undercover Report on Brunei's Gay Scene
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Pride Is a Southern Star
- Gay Europe - Cities, Tours & Top Gay European Destinations
- Meth, Murder, and Divine at the Palm Springs LGBT Film Fest
- The Most Homophobic Nation on Earth Chases Gay Travel Dollars