Does Gaydar Work at 35,000 Feet?
By OUTTraveler Editors
Does gaydar work at 35,000 feet? Virgin America is betting that it does and, in promoting its new “seat to seat” feature, is encouraging passengers to do a little flirting with each other.
“Seat to Seat” allows travelers to buy snacks and drinks and have them delivered to other passengers on the flight. The system, which is available on the video monitor in front of every seat, also includes a seat map, so you can be sure your gift is delivered to the right person, and chat system, so you can follow-up with them afterward.
In a video promoting the new feature (see below), Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson says that “your chances of de-planing with a +1 are at least 50 percent.”
- Get Ready for One of the Biggest Gay Cruises Ever
- New Yorkers Are Angry With Taylor Swift's Big Apple PR Campaign
- VIDEO: West Hollywood Employs Hot Guys, Humor to Keep Pedestrians Safe
- The Most Gay-friendly Places on the Planet
- Catching Up With Puerto Vallarta After the Storm
- WATCH: A Fever Dream Video From WeHo's Big Gay Bar