Does Owning a Pet Cramp Your Traveling Style?
By Neal Broverman
A new survey found something you may already know: pet-owners feel damn guilty when they leave home without a pet or have to place their buddy on a plane.
The findings, from DogVacay.com via Time, found that 5% of pet owners don’t trust airlines to safely care for pets in cargo; 73% feel guilty about leaving their pets at a kennel; and 15% admit to smuggling a pet onto a plane or into a hotel room. A large percentage, 48%, indicated they travel less since becoming a pet parent.
Americans, who have more pets than children, spend $247 annually to travel with pets, and $486 for pet care and accomodations if they leave their baby at home. Check back on Out Traveler for more ideas on how to travel with your pet.
- Australian Football Cuts Ties With Brunei Airlines
- PHOTOS: Get Excited for SF's Folsom Street Fair
- Neon Museum in Vegas Restores, Installs Liberace Sign
- PHOTOS: Instagram Captures Burning Man 2014
- The 7 Best Nude Beaches
- PHOTOS: Cheerleaders, Pointer Sisters, and the President Kick Off 2014 Gay Games